Peruvian Green Sauce

So many of you asked so here it is.  This is an attempt at replicating that amazing green sauce you find in any Peruvian restaurant.  Best served with meats (Pollo a la Brasa!!) but I eat it with practically anything!!! I use it as salad dressing most often.

3 japaleno peppers, seeded if desired, roughly chopped

 (NOTE: I used to get grocery store ones, they were hardly spicy so you would need more than 3.  This weekend I used peppers from the local farmers market.  BIG difference!!!! Probably 2 is enough then!)

1 cup fresh cilantro leaves

2 cloves garlic, chopped

1/2 cup mayo (the good quality type!)

1/4 cup sour cream (I use light to make me feel better)

1 tbsp lime juice

1/2 tsp salt

1/8 tsp pepper

2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

That's it! Get a blender and blend everything together!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it is all stripped away...

Just do it ... and bring along your kids

The little boy and his sister